[FWDLK] seat foam/dumb painting Q's

Hello All,
                Wednesday, I went to the upholstery shop to drop off my seats. I had to take my front swivels back home
since they don't offer painting on the frames. I brought the paint with me but they didn't want to do it. Oh well, they had the back seat done by the
next day. Only $130 ( I supplied NOS seat covers) with one extra layer of padding over the original. The back seat foam was in good shape.
 They also couldn't re pad the front seats. With the molded foam, they can add layers of padding but they can't re-pad. Is there a source for the molded foam for the swivel seats or should I just have them add layers until it looks right? I want to make sure these look and function as new. If there is a source for new molded foam who sells it and how much?
    Also, with the painting I have a dumb question. I don't paint often if at all so here goes.......
I know before you prime something, you either blast the surface until it's clean bare metal or you can use a scuff pad to knock off rust, loose paint, etc.. Then you wipe down the metal with acetone or some type of solvent that removes the remaining dirt and grease. Then you can prime. My question is this, between the priming and the top coat, do you do some type of sanding/scuffing to promote the adhesion of the top coat or do you just wipe down the primed part with a mild soap and water solution, let it dry and then top coat? I'm confused here so help me if you can. Well, I'm off to cleaning and priming. I'll wait for an answer before I start.

Thanks for all of your help.
Take Care,
Frank