Re: [FWDLK] Brian Cooper

I'm still here!!  My new address is 57plymouth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I used Caterpillar Bulldozer paint on the frame of that 50 Dodge truck,
under the hood of the 57 Plymouth, and under the hood of the 79 Z-28.  I am
not going to blatantly say it is the toughest paint on the market, but it
took a LONG time for the paint to wear out of the grooves of the belt drive
pulleys on the 79 and the 57 under daily use with new belts.  On my 57, it
is on the fenderwells, the firewall, the frame, the throttle linkage, the
fan, the pulleys, the generator bracket, the radiator support, the
underside of the hood, the coil mount, the oil filter, the oil fill tube,
the tranny crossmember, the front suspension, the air cleaner, and
everything else that isn't Bill Hirsh Miracle Engine Paint Aluminum.  I
have found that it is best applied thick, as it is self leveling.  Don't
thin it, just pour it in a cheap paint gun and spray it.  The cheaper the
gun the better too, since it didn't spray as well out of my good detail
gun.  It is a semi-gloss paint that is on the satin side of the scale.  It
cost $28 per gallon.  The best way to remove it is with a sandblaster or
aircraft stripper.  It is pretty tough to sand off.

I hope to tear the 80 Dodge Lil' Red Express Clone project truck down in a
few days, and bulldozer paint is going to be a big part of that restoration
since it will be my next daily driver.

Brian Cooper

Is