From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Whelan
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 1:12 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 2 Jul 2003 to 3 Jul 2003 (#2003-183)

HI, In regard to Gary's questions about the AAJ brakes on my 57 Plymouth, I found the kit to be well engineered and easy to install. All of the parts needed were easily available locally at reasonable prices (I ordered the basic kit). The only mods necessary were a little filing on the right side bracket to clear the steering knuckle and even the adjustable M/C pushrod I had needed to be shortened 5/16" or so. The car stops straight and true and fairly fast, but pedal effort is rather high without the power assist. I have most of the power brake parts and probably will install next winter. The dual master cylinder brings a lot of peace of mind, and I used a wilwood proportioning valve to balance the system. All in all very pleased. Hope to see many of you at Carlisle. Dick