[FWDLK] Fuel pumps, Tire pressure& window-spacers

[FWDLK] Fuel pumps, Tire pressure& window-spacers

1. I've got a Carter fuel pump that appears to have been rebuilt (based
upon the appearance of the exposed-ends of like-new 'rubber' diaphrams)
that LOOKS exactly like my 57's (complete with vertical pressure-relief
orifice)EXCEPT that its cam-lever (1-piece heavy-gauge stamped steel) is
shaped like a bent/elongated "S" (visualize  the Nazi "SS" emblem),
instead of an elongated "L", AND  its upper-outlet orifice is located @
the 5 -o'clock
position (relative to the cam-arm-plane), whereas "mine" is located @
the 4-o'clock position, AND its lower-inlet orifice is @ the 7-o'clock
position, whereas "mine" is @ the 6-o'clock position. The "Model number"
for it is
"MO-1063".

Anyway, after all the foregoing, if anyone is interested in this
artifact, I'll sell it for $20.00 (such a deal), plus shipping.

2. I was reading Tom McCahill's 1960 Car Owner's Handbook, today, &
noted that he said that he ignored the OEM-recomendation of 24 psi , &
'ran' his bias-ply's @ @-least  28psi, & as much as 32 psi (what was the
name of the Flintstone's car?--probably the same ride characteristics!)
He was adamant about those inflation-rating's
handling/performance/mileage benefits, but wouldn't they produce rather
severe shakes & rattles, ( but good-rolling?)

How high are your radials' inflation? I run 28 psi in front, & 24 psi in
the rear ( & really "feel" the road).

3. There is an Ebay auction, now. for NOS plastic   window/door
crank-lever-to-trim-panel spacers.

Decades ago, I figgured out that those plastic 'guys'  were rather
'expendable'. I looked @ them & decided that they were only 'visible' @
their edges (if  @ all!), & that I could reproduce them, & drink beer @
the same time!

IIRC, Coors (or, was it Miller?) beer cans' bottoms were almost the same
diameter, as the spacers, & that by wrapping 4 ( U.S.) quarters together
with electrician's tape, to use as a stamping-die, the raised
center-area of the "spacers" could be formed!  I can't recall how I cut
the 'simple' center-hole, in them, but 'it' was not difficult to do.

and VOILA; indestructible trim-panel / window-crank / door-lever
spacers!

Neil Vedder