[FWDLK] Rear shock mount options?

I am currently lining up to put a newer 8 3/4 rear end under my 56.  The current set up has the lower shock mounts attached to the spring pads.  I think all the Mopar replacement pads are just that, with no shock mount provision.  I am reluctant to butcher up the stock rearend by cutting off the pads.  Has anyone come across an easy remedy? I was thinking a plate drilled to fit on the axle u-clamps but that puts the shock bottom lower. Any weld on spring pads with the mount like the stock ones?
Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?