[FWDLK] My Clutch has issues...

Hello List,

The clutch in my 58 Plymouth is having some issues, and hopefully you all can shed some light on the problem. Everything was just dandy until I came to a stop sign, and the clutch pedal stayed on the floor. I got home and checked my trusty factory repair manual (page 59) and the diagram shows a clutch fork pull back spring. My car does not have a clutch fork pull back spring. I think that this is the problem, but I cant find where this spring is supposed to attach to the shaft ( for a temporary fix, I have a throttle return spring around the shaft to the fork). Am I missing parts, or just missing the point?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brandie in California
58 Plymouth Belvedere