Re: [FWDLK] Special bodied, chrysler powered car...

So which was lost on the Andrea Doria...the Norseman or the Plainsman?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 6:14 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Special bodied, chrysler powered car...

I have a book from the late 70's, that shows a 1951 Cunningham prototype race car, and it does resemble the car in question a little, especially the grille. However, I do agree that the headlight bezels are '39-'40 Ford. Also, regarding the Andrea Dorea , I have a book ("The Fabulous Fifties", published in the early 1990's) that shows a picture of a "Plymouth Plainsman" prototype ("dreamcar"?) station wagon, that supposedly sank with the Andrea Dorea. I don't know how accurate the book is.It's pretty interesting, though.  Zach---