[FWDLK] Playin w/yer P/steering

In addition to Rich's advice, about replacing the
'rubber' steering-wheel isolator, the cheapest/easiest steering wheel
firmer-upperer
is to install Heavy Duty (as in: it BARELY "pours" outa the plastic
bottle!) fluid/stop-leak.

Your "steering-response" is the result of an amazingly-complicated
relationship between :

1. type/quality of tires
2. front end suspension bushing-condition
3.    "      "           "      componentry/condition
4.    "      "           "      alignment
5.  Power steering (if you've got it) pump cond.
6.  Steering gearbox condition

'Tell you what, tho, it IS possible to dial-in your front (& rear)
suspensions, to produce quick, "level"  turning-response, with
esentially, virtually,  no "slop", or dead-spot,  in the steering wheel.
You should NOT have to be 'sawing' back-&-forth, over-correcting, while
you're driving.  I once drove a "visiting" 57 Dodge, down Main Street, &
it was all I could 'do', to keep it 'straight' , @ 35 mph. Also (tried
to) drive an original 57 DeSoto, on an L.A. Freeway, in the slow-lane:
not fun.

I'm "thinking" about how nice the front end would be, with aluminum
cylinder heads, but have been 'afraid' to contact Hot Heads, for fear
that "they" MIGHT be available! Also, an aluminum OEM-style intake
manifold would be nice--'ever LIFT one of those bad-boys? They just SIT
there, up-high, raising the roll-center, & understeer, & all-that stuff.

Neil Vedder