[FWDLK] Introduction

Hi-

I'm Jim Oaks and I recently joined your ranks.  I'm from central Indiana and retired from General Motors.  I presently work part time for an auto parts store.

I'm the proud owner of a yellow and black 1958 DeSoto Firesweep, 4 dr. hardtop.  My wife and I purchased this car in September of 2001.  I spent the next year and a half restoring it.  We recently attended the National DeSoto Club convention in Frankenmuth, MI, where the car received a second place award.

We also have a 1973 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron 4 dr. hardtop.  This car has been in the family since my parents purchased it new in November of 1972.  The imperial is light blue with a dark blue vinyl top.  This car is all original except for the paint which was redone in 1995.  The interior is show room quality.

We enjoy our cars and take them out as much as possible.

Hope to hear from other owners soon.

Jim