[FWDLK] stop rod rivets for our MOPARS

Hello List members
I had asked the question about a week ago concerning the little rivets that CHRYSLER used to attach the door stop rods to the frame.  I was surprised at how many members were interested at what I could find out---so here it is,,,eventhough this will bore most of you.........

THE BAD NEWS-----------The correct size rivet,,,,,according to a fastener manufacturer,,,is an odd ball size.  The head diameter of 3/8" is too small for their rivets with the correct shank dia of 1/4".
I could take their larger rivets and file them down but I would still face the BIG problem of expanding the bottom of the shank.  A 1/4" dia steel rivet WOULD NEED to be expanded with a gun or some kind of hydraulic tool.  It is tough stuff.

THE GOOD NEWS-------I searched many local hardware stores.......I found a 'clevis pin' that is EXACTLY like the correct rivet!!!
Identical head diameter and head thickness, and  1/4" diameter shank.  It is just 2" long.
I cut it down to 1/2" long.
I removed the silly screw that was attaching my stop rod to the frame and---PERFECT!!!
A nice snug fit that you can put in by hand and the visible head CANNOT BE seen to be any different from the rivet head.
It sticks out the bottom of the connection about 1/8" and cannot be seen unless you are on your knees.
I do not think it would ever pop out unless you were doing a PIKES PEAK hill climb.

I cut down a few sets of these pins for friends.
I have one pair left --first come first served----figure $4 with the postage if anyone interested contact me directly.
It was a fun silly little adventure.

ED ECKERSON
LI  NY