Re: [FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Re: [FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Well, fellas--I have to admit, that even though my father was "a Mopar Man" I was enticed at an early age by GM cars-. I used to like GM, in regards to their "newer" stuff- through the late eighties, untill everything (except the totally impractical 'vette, and trucks) went front wheel drive. I have owned a number of Buicks (all '70-'72 Skylarks and one GS) and a few Oldsmobiles. I currently drive an ' 83 Cutlass supreme daily. (the wife has a ' 94 Caravan). As an "Olds guy" I was disheartened when GM changed the logo in the mid nineties, and then eliminated all the names i was familiar with (cutlass, 88,98,etc.) and started selling "Achievas" and "Aurora's". Bad move, boys--then (no surprise) they kill the mark all together. Of course, they aren't alone, Daimler-Chrysler killed Plymouth as well. Yes--GM has some ugly stuff out right now--I don't like the Aztec, or the "Avalanche" pickups, either. I DO think that Mopar has put out some attractive cars in recent years -the Viper, the Concorde, and even the new Generation Caravans ('96 to present). I, however, preferr the pre-OBD 2 ' 94 Caravan that I currently own. From a mechanic's standpoint, it's less costly to maintain, and less of a pain in the $%^# to diagnose. Yes, even mechanics like simple to repair cars--I've had to fix a few that were real "hair pullers"! My two cents, and then some----Thanks, Zach--