Re: [FWDLK] 57 D-500-1 question

David Charles Gedraitis wrote:

> How was it done?
>
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 SherwoodK@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > Neil:

> > Who says the 355 HP 300B didn't have the 4-bolt truck manifolds? By the way,
> > don't ever believe any HP rating -- I know how it was done...

> > Sherwood

The common theory I have heard/read was that the true Hp (measured at the crank)
was always understated because it might scare off buyers.
If you look in Motors and other general purpose manuals, it seems that BHP
(Brake Horse Power) is only stated at about 53 hp, and this was for all the
Chrysler V8's. (at least in my copy of a Motors Manual that covers 55 -60)
I Think this was because some states still taxed motor vehicles
based on Hp ratings back then.

But I Am Ready To Learn More!
--
Paul Holmgren