Re: [FWDLK] Possible scam

jwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> You might be wary of Paypal for other reasons, I was told by
> my bank that the "security" proceedure paypal uses after you
> have used them for awhile gives them access to your bank
> accts. I could not believe it but if you let them "deposit" and
> remove the few cents you have given them the right of access
> in some states.
>   It either credit union cashier check, postal money order or
> no business from me.
> Jim

I believe that this is IF you Validate by providing them a bank account
number.  Wonder if you opened an account just for e-business transactions
and them only maintained a LOW balance.  In today's e-banking world it
is possible to have multiple accounts and e-transfer $$ between them from
home. So it you are conducting 2 way transactions involving bank account
funds you can e-transfer just before the $$ is needed to cover a transaction.

I have been using Paypal sucessfully so far with only the credit card level
of validation.  I do not see the need for me to rise to the level that I
have to "Validate" with bank account information.  AND I have spent a few
Buckeroos on e-bay.  ANY really large transactions I have handled face to face
except for a deposit. So Far Paypal has not hassled me about anything.

NOW that e-Bay Owns Paypal I wonder if things might not have cleaned up a
little with the business model they originally were following.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6