[FWDLK] Pushbutton transmissions:

Does anyone have information on how to make a non-pushbutton ('66 & later)
Torqueflite trans operate with factory pushbuttons?
Seems to me I read about this somewhere.  Pretty sure you could come up with
the correct "lever length" at the "non pb" VB, and you could also change the
detent spring to one that would provide the same "tension" as that of the
original PB valve body, - and I'm sure you could figure out some sort of
"bracketry" to mount the cable at the trans (as well as figure out some way
to "connect" the cable to the lever), - but what could be done about
"Park"? - you would need that extra "notch" to get it with the non-PB trans,
and your "selector" cable would be "out of travel" at that point.
Thoughts?
Ideas?
Anybody already done this?

Thanks,
DaveG.
----
Grove  Automotive -- "Chrysler Spoken Here"
www.groveautomotive.com