Re: [FWDLK] Pushbutton transmissions:

Well, the first thing that comes to mind, regarding pushbuttons in conjunction with a tranny that has a parking pawl, is likely the same reason Mopar didn't do it to begin with- which is, that a button mechanism wouldn't have the leverage to get the car out of park, if there were any load on the parking pawl mechanism. You ever park an automatic equipped car with a conventional shifter,and had difficulty (read:increased effort) in getting it out of park? From what I've read here, from other list members, the closest you'll get is to use a '62 model torquflite tranny in a forwardlooker. There's my two cents--Zach--