Re: [FWDLK] Possible scam

Sellers can have an interesting experience with paypal.   I had a dodo who paid through paypal with a Discover credit card, he immediately returns the sold item and demands a refund back to his credit card.  Of course, a seller cannot do that because paypal never gives the seller the purchaser's credit card number.   So, I entered a credit back to his paypal account.   Later, he complains to the credit card company that I never credited the purchase amount back to his credit card.   I write to the dodo and tell him that he already has a refund in his paypal account and that he doesn't get two refunds for one purchase.  He still demands that the purchase amount be credited back to his Discover card.  I told him that the refund is sitting in his paypal account and that he can transfer it back to his credit card if that is what he want to do.

About a month later the credit card company enters a claim with paypal, and paypal immediately deducts the claimed amount from my paypal account pending resolution of the credit card company's claim.   I point to the prior refund to his paypal account.   A little over a month later, paypal restores the disputed amount back  to my paypal account.    Bottom line, paying with a credit card through paypal can have some interesting consequences for the seller, as well as the buyer.   Jim

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Over 25,000 pages of archived Forward Look information can be easily searched at http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm Powered by Google!