[FWDLK] windshield aero

Last wekend a friend and I took a cruise to Elmers Auto Museum in Fountain City, WI (overlooking the Mississippi River). I drove my 59 Plymouth Sport Fury and he his '71 Dodge Charger Super Bee. As is common this time of year it rained almost all the way there and back - 300 miles round trip. Strange thing is he asked me if I was having trouble with my wipers because his were on most of the time and mine hardly ever. Mine worked perfectly but I hardly had to use them. The onrushing wind would blow the water up and off the windshield thus leaving it clear. He insisted I must have applied Rain-X to glass but I didn't. On the Plymouth the top of windshield curves into the roof and on the Charger the roof comes down into the glass. Anyway, I thought I'd throw this out to the group. (NASCAR take note)