Re: [FWDLK] Show ME da NUMBERS!

I met Arnie Beswick 2 years ago at a car show. We talked a
little while about his 56 D500-1. He confirmed high 13
second ets at 106 mph as his best times. He used very deep
rear gears and started in 2nd gear. He claimed he never
got beat until a 57 Chevy running a 4 speed (available
only in Corvette, thus illegal in "stock" classes) beat
him. He tried the 57 D501 but it was too heavy and had
poorer weight transfer to be competative. Some of those
slower times we have seen printed may have been because a
driver may have let up on the gas if he is too far ahead
of the competition to save wear on the engine.

Arnie's car was an all black 2 door Coronet. I asked what
happened to it. He sold it to a local kid who lost a race
to an intersection to a train.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge d500

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:34:19 EDT