Re: [FWDLK] Tim's Diggin Demon

Tim:

I think this discussion on the 56  D500-1 and the 57 D501 is long overdue. The D501s were also built as 2dr hardtops. One  (2dr HT) was owned by Walt Paar (his family owned Claude Short Dodge in Santa Monica) when it was new. His father made him sell it -- too fast in the hands of a teenager. Someplace I have filed the original time sheets for my D501 that was raced at the San Fernando Drags. I know that nothing beat this car -- not even an injected Corvette.

Sherwood Kahlenberg