Re: [FWDLK] Tim's Diggin Demon

Neil, The horsepower of the 56 Dash One was reported in Hot Rod May 56 when Danny Eames had the prototype dual quad setup at Daytona in late January. A photo shows the engine on a dyno at a local Dodge dealer and states the horsepower was 295. Many reports have stuck to that figure as opposed to Dodge figure released after their March factory dyno test. I just think it further promotes the idea of a horsepower shell game. On the subject of rear end ratios I was told that the 4.56 was getting best results, starting in second and shifting to third. My car with the 4.10 goes thru first gear way to fast, sort of like those granny gears in a truck, it makes it difficult to find the correct shift point, the start in second with a deep gear would be much easier and the one shift would be straight down. The weight of my car is 3900 lbs which is a bit heavier than the Coronet sedan which were the lightest model. Interestingly the only picture I have seen of Ed Ryan in a 57 D501 shows a 2 door hardtop, was this a one of none? Production figures show only 2 door sedans and convertibles.  Tim