Re: [FWDLK] off the fwdlk website....(a-57-dodge)

Re: [FWDLK] off the fwdlk website....(a-57-dodge)

Kelly, do you have a Custom Royal? those models' frames 'came' with the
front sway-bar brackets welded to the frames. Your frame may already
have the "slots" cut into the fraome rails, which will, @ least, help
you to 'locate' those brackets, onto the frame.

Only 57 CRL's & S/wagons had 'factory' s/bars, BUT, if you can locate a
57 "donor" car, @ a wrecking yard, etc, then the s/bar brackets MIGHT be
CAREFULLY cut-away from the frame-rails (thus ruininig the frame rails,
in the process) and welded to your frame. BTW, NO 58's had s/bars!!

So, you need, @ least, to find a donor CRL/s-wagon and remove their sway
bar-stuff and, mebbe their frame brackets, too.

I've never heard about retro-fitting rear sway-bars, but it's my
'understanding' that rear 'bars' assist in UNDER-STEERING, which we do
not need.

Notwithstanding the 'used' sway bar system, I wouldn't worry about the
cost of NEW suspension pieces--the down-side of used
suspension pieces FAILING (when you don't 'want' them to fail),
out-weighs the cost-savings
of used stuff--I don't know about INTERCHANGEABILITY, tho, which is what
I think you are asking-about.

I'd suggest that you post this question to "this"
internet-board; Re: "Mirada/Volare/etc" front
suspension interchangability with late 50's MoPars.

Neil Vedder--btw, your 'message' to me will NOT be attached to 'my
message (go figure) but your address SHOULD appear, & you will see the
FWDLK's address, above, if you want to post your question to 'them'.