[FWDLK] Power Steering Conversion

My local wrecking yard (Memory Lane in LA) has acquired 3 new 56 Chryslers - minus motors of course. This has the wheels turning in my head over converting my 56 Plymouth (with V8 suspension) to power steering. Has anyone done this? What would I need to do it? Will my Plymouth wheel bolt up, or would I need to use the Chrysler steering wheel as well? The pitman arms look to be different so I assume that I would need to use my Plymouth pitman arm. I hope that it will bolt up to the Chrysler box without trouble.

I know that Plymouths had the option of having power steering, but I don't know if they were the same unit as the Chryslers. Did the Plymouth power steering cars use a different wheel and/or horn ring that labeled it as a power steering unit just as the Chryslers did?

I would also rather not use the original pump because I like to run an alternator. So, does anyone know of a readily available pressure hose that I can use to convert to a newer style pump mounted low on the engine? I am not sure if there will be problems with the differences in pressure from the newer pump as well. Right now, my hemi is set up to use a 60's style GM pump.

Thanks in advance. Any advice is appreciated.

Nathan Nuttall
56 Plymouth Savoy V8