Re: [FWDLK] 1960 Chrysler unibody

I just got a look at someone's web page list of production figures.

Pontiac built 72,650 plain jane Catalina 4-dr sedans in 1960; Chrysler built
a total over all models and body styles 77,285 cars if this list is correct.
Which is about 1/4 of the total for Pontiac.

I found three of them in one spot - all rough; one maybe savable.   The
2-door hardtop is so bad, I got the trunk lid open and when I went to close
it one of the hinges tore out of the lid.  I figured it's no big deal they
probably built a lot of them that year...  I sit here with my mouth open
looking at these production figures.  Over all series it's one of 12,000
cars.

To top it off, another car here is a '58 Chrysler Saratoga 2-dr hardtop.
I'm not sure yet if it's the big window or not.  It needs a lot of help -
pans, rockers, headlight eyebrows - but is pretty well all there except some
engine parts.  One of 4456 cars either way.  Someone has to want to save
this thing - it's bad but could be lots worse, and what a good looking car
restored.

Were people just not buying the Chryslers these years?  I'm amazed when
there are so many stupid Corvairs, Ramblers and Falcons I could walk into a
junkyard and pick up a rock and throw it with my eyes closed and hit one of
them.

Good luck finding one - I saw one on eBay that went for $8000 or so for a
4-door, a nice driver, so they are out there - it just may take some time.