From: "Ron Allyn Swartley" <Archangel1390@xxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:55 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 413 Chrysler with 8 to 1 Compression Ratio?????

Hi Curtis,
Thanks for your reply. Whoever told you Chrysler 413 had 8 to 1
compression ratio. It is a fact that all 413 that came in Imperials and New
Yorkers
had 10 to 1 and some 300 letter series and some Dodge and Plymouth Super
Stockers had 11 to 1 and even 13 to 1. Everybody knows that -----just ask
any guy who
has a 413. ----oooppps----sorry-----I see you do own a 59 Dodge with a 413.
raced both 413 and 440 and the big difference between the two was almost in
all cases some improvement other than the 27 inches. All the guys I raced
with
didn't pronounce a motor dead until they found out what was wrong with
it.-------Today some guys pronounce an engine dead just because THEY can't
start it.

Ron Allyn Swartley

PS. I guess you do know the 59 Dodge did not have a 413 in it. The 383 with
2/4s was a big as you could go-----------STOCK.