Re: [FWDLK] MOSTLY MOPAR GUYS DO THIS?????

Re: [FWDLK] MOSTLY MOPAR GUYS DO THIS?????

Ron,
I am like this, and it is a sickness!   ;-)
I have come to realize that I need to sell some of my cars to others who
are "worthy" to carry the responsibility of fixing these cars and
enjoying them. Where I live, the younger guys buy them up to run in
demolition derbies. I can't let that happen.  I have purchased cars to
keep others from getting them. I can't get around to all of them.
Problem with me is that the cars would be worth more if I just did "a
little" to them, and of course I don't have enough spare time to do
that. So they are waiting their turn. I'm not hoarding them...  I'm
just in a Mopar relocation program.

Tom                     southern Ohio

>>> Ron Allyn Swartley <Archangel1390@xxxxxxx> 10/24/03 12:56 PM >>>

I have been into racing and restoring Mopar since 1957 and I have
attended
hundreds and hundreds of car shows and exhibits over they years. If a GM
or Ford
guy get a second car (not talking about everyday drivers) a collector
car, he
will restore it and sell it or sell it to someone who will restore it,
most
of the time. However if a Mopar guy collects 10---20----30 or more he
keeps
them all. He may sell one or two. Then this same guy will complain that
all the
car shows do not have enough Mopar cars in attendance??????? Is this a
sickness? An awful lot of these Mopar collector have so many cars they
can't restore
them all and they know it, but they won't sell them but they will let
them rot.
(How many 56 and 57 Chevys do you see rotting??!!!!)
    Recently I asked the president of one of the Largest Mopar clubs why
this
is? Knowing I am and have always been a Mopar owner he lowered voice and
said
"I know exactly what you mean. We gave it a lot of thought and talked
about
this with other collectors and we think it is because Ford and GM parts
are
easier to buy new and used. Mopar parts are not as easy to come by, so
they hang
on to them until they are almost unusable. We try not to talk about it,
because it get people angry but our club has an awful lot of those type
people. They
don't like to hear that they are keeping other guys from becoming Mopar
collectors. They all have good reasons for not doing anything other then
talking
about their collection but the bottom line is no one else gets them,"
(the guys
who hate Mopars must love this type of collector that buys Mopars and
then
lets them rot).
        I always hated the guy with the Mopar in the field and he would
not
sell it and he would not restore it, he would just let it rot.
     Recently I sold 8 of my Mopars to guys wanting their first Mopar
because
my wife reminded me that I had become one of the guys that sits on the
collector cars and doesn't sell them. I have 8 cars less and I made 8
new friends
---AND I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

          Ron Allyn Swartley
PS. If I have offended anyone -------that probably means that person has