Re: [FWDLK] Mostly Mopars

> If us guys with all the cars had to tell the truth we would have to say we >were at our happiest when we worked on our first car...

I have to disagree with this.  I bought entirely the wrong car for my first project: a rusted out 59 Dodge 2dr sedan with a 6 cyl and no options. I had no idea what I was doing, but knew I wanted a finned Mopar (this is twenty years ago, BTW). Since I barely knew how to change my own oil, all the bodywork and mechanical got farmed out, which cost me lots. I also had no place to work (still living at home with parents). Also, there was no plan of execution.  After spending $$$$ over several years, I realized that I had made a mistake. So the beast got sold for a fraction of what I put into it. But I took the lessons I learned plus all the mechanical knowledge and 'Mopar knowledge' that I acquired up to that point and bought the *right* car, my 58 Plymouth Belvedere coupe. The resto of this car was carefully planned, with me doing what I could while farming out the rest. As the car sits in the body shop waiting for paint, I'm totally happy with the way things have turned out. !
 :-)

Ron