[FWDLK] Hemi Plug Wires

I was looking to replace the plug wires on my '55 Dodge 270, and saw the
prices for the few sellers that sold them (EGGE, etc).? Maybe I am cheap, but
isn't $170 somewhat pricey for wires for a car that cost $800?? Ended up picking
up a set of straight boot 318 wires and they look like they should fit (rear
distributor, etc), but while talking with my oldest son today, he mentioned the
length of boot on his Neon R/T.? Gave me an old wire, and danged if that thing
didn't fit exactly (length of boot, and even the round seal that keeps crud
out of the valve cover plug hole).? Wow, if only the length of wire would be
longer (new wire, better spark conduction, etc), I think that would be an
upgrade in technology of about almost 50 years.? Is this a good solution for older
Hemis, or am I just being cheap?? Any other ideas?

Thanks for your input and ideas.

LARRY (in 75 degree Akron, with highs in the 40s by the weekend.? Bah,
Humbug!)