From: Greg Filtz
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] them's the brakes

Rodger,

Excuse my ignorance on this but is the newer Bendix duo-servo drum brakes just a different material on the shoe or is this a different system?   My 56 Dodge is running the stock drum brakes and stops just fine for a 40+ year old car but if a different material on the shoes would help, I am all over it.

Greg

Rog & Jan van Hoy wrote:
There was an article not too long ago in WPC news about replacing center plane brakes with newer Bendix duo-servo drum brakes.  I can tell you from my '66 Plymouth, they'll stop you on a dime.

--Roger van Hoy, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '42 DeSoto, '41 Dodge, '66 Plymouth, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA