[FWDLK] steering columns and tilt wheel and cc

[FWDLK] steering columns and tilt wheel and cc

Hi all,
    Since getting started back on the 59 Suburban project, I find myself thinking of updating the steering column to a tilt column with cruise controls.  Has anyone done this?  I would really appreciate any info, especially a detailed conversion if anyone knows how.  Any of the Fwdlk. era Chryslers have tilt-cruise steering columns?
    I am thinking of installing a new wiring harness...one with a fuse block...for future ad-ons.  I have talked to one manufacturer, and they can make them with a Chrysler plug to fit modern steering columns.  (cruise, dimmer, turn sig., horn)  I know, not all original, but I like the idea of not frying my car with old wires and connectors, after investing mega $$$$$ to do a "restorification."   I like a mix of the past and present.   My wagon is being built to drive anywhere in any weather.  And, to be seen, heard and enjoyed.  After all, what does a new car cost and who actually notices them on the highway!
    I hope this stirs up some interesting feedback like the disc brake thread has!
    John in WI where the weather is changing by the minute...wasn't it just summer?

For Sale:
2000 Dodge Ram 4x4...5.9 auto reg. cab. short box loaded     call or email for info   715-743-2462   jrbartell@xxxxxxx