[FWDLK] 55 dodge

Hi All.
I just bought a 55 Dodge Royal and I have a question.
I want to put a 400 cu in motor and 4 speed transmission or automatic and what rear end would fit that is newer to the car.
What would I have to do to do this conversion.
I also need a steering wheel for the car all that is there is the steel rim.
Any help on this would be great.
I am going to start work on the car this spring and if all goes right it be at Chryslers at Carlisle for the 05 show.
Thank you.
Bob hanekamp