Re: [FWDLK] Do People Still Restore Cars ? Not much.

Re: [FWDLK] Do People Still Restore Cars ? Not much.

I'm not picking at anyone, here. Just my thoughts.

I don't think many people restore cars any more.
It costs a lot to retsore them, and then they are
old, slow, and handle poorly compared to newer
cars, or cars that are updated. I restored a 1941 Plymouth business
man's coupe, once, for example.
When it was completed. I decided I wanted something
with more acceleration. Sold it to an attorney in Columbus, and bought a
different car.

The good news is that everyone subscribing to
 this list is not the same.  Some like sedans, some like 'verts, some
like street rods, and some like everything, and a few are not happy with
anything.

I like almost anything that is well done... and I hope I don't give a
bad impression. I lurk, mostly, and most
list members probably don't know much about me, or my
thirty cars.

Hang in there, hit delete often, and get some jewels
that make you happy you are here. I try to do that.
For the forward look years, I don't think there is a better place to be.

Tom     in southern Ohio with many vehicles of various
        types and conditions, for example:
        55 Coronet   2 door sedan stock 6 cyl 3-speed
                     radio delete solid Oklahoma car.
        57 Coronet   2 door hardtop V8 auto solid
                     body but no floor Ohio car.
       (37 DeSoto, 37 Dodge sedan, 37 Dodge pickup)
        65 Barracuda,  68 Barracuda,  69 Barracuda,
        66 Charger,  68 Charger R/T,
        96 Viper

>>> Brandie Hannon <HannonsVT@xxxxxxx> 11/05/03 20:40 PM >>>
Hello Everyone,

This email strikes me as odd, only because when I bought my 58 Belvedere
Sedan, and introduced myself to the list, I got more than a few emails
telling me
that my sedan was not worth restoring. The emails that I received were
mostly
discouraging, and a few were UN-welcoming at best (you know who you
are). I
have hung in with the list because I have found that if I just read the
comments, tips, and stories, I do gain quite a bit of useful knowledge,
and
occasionally I can help someone out. Maybe I would have gotten a more
favorable response
if my car was a hardtop or a Fury?

Just my thoughts,
Brandie in California