Re: [FWDLK] Do People Still Restore Cars ? Not much.

Re: [FWDLK] Do People Still Restore Cars ? Not much.

Well, I'm a self-confessed GM man, Buicks in particular. (Although the Son of a Mopar man, and a Mopar man myself, now.) My point is that I was reading a copy of the Buick Club of America club magazine from last fall,and noticed that they (many members of the BCA) are taking in to account the increasing cost involved in a "concourse" restoration, and the decrease in participation in the 400 point judged (concourse) shows, and consequently are encouraging more "driver" level cars. Makes sense to me, regardless of the make of the car. I noticed the same theme in Tom's post. And I have experienced this first hand in my own cars, and with customers and their cars. I had a fellow with a '61 ' Vette that insisted that the car he had now was not like the one he owned in 1966. No matter what I did to improve the car, he wasn't happy because the car he had "now" wasn't the same as the car he remembered from "back then". And it's hard to convince someone that it is a matter of his perception--and not the car--believe me! I like my four door Firesweep sedan because it is relatively inexpensive, and I can enjoy it with a modest "resto-fication" performed on it. I like driving my old cars, and besides, I can't afford a truck-and-trailer rig anyway, so I have no choice! Let's go for a drive......-Zach-