Re: [FWDLK] Do People Still Restore Cars ? Not much.

Re: [FWDLK] Do People Still Restore Cars ? Not much.

All

I'm in the process of restoring a '57 Belvedere convertible.  It's getting restored to factory specs.  It's a frame off restoration and of course it will be better than it was when it came out of the factory in 1957.  Luckily there was very little rust in the car.  A few holes in the floor, but nothing like the '57 Fury I had restored starting in 1995.  It took 3 years and over 1100 hours of body work to get that back to where it was in 1957.  The Belvedere is going to be a trailer queen for a couple of years.  But it will be driven locally.  The Fury was a trailer queen for about 4 years.  Now I drive the car when and where I want to.  I guess it's what you as the person who restores the car and pays the bucks to have it done to factory specs want to do when its finished.  I'm kind of rambling.

What it boils down to is what the owner of the car wants to do to the car they can do.  And they shouldn't have to listen to anybody's mouth.  Just my opinion.
John