Re: [FWDLK] Worthwhile projects

Hey FWDLK'ers
Been a while since I've contributed, but have some
thoughts and experiences to relate after Brandie's and
others postings.

As to which cars are worth working on....My
opinion?...just about anything that happens to get to
you...get your juices flowing, anything that makes you
get up in the morning with a smile because it's
sitting out there.

I personally am glad that some people are taking car
of the old four doors as well as whatever else they
find.  And more than anything I like to see the cars
on the road.  Drive them.  That's for me, maybe for a
lot of us.

The last few weeks I have been commuting about 50
miles a day in my '56 Plymouth Savoy 2dr.  Granted it
is not a "restoration" or anything completely
"original", but it sure is fun to drive.

I don't have a Fury, don't have a hdtop/'vert...Points
wise I'm in the minuses somewhere.  It is a solid New
Mexico straight original body.  So it has a 440, so
the front suspension is a Volare... this just makes it
sweet at 90 on the Kansas turnpike.

I do a lot of driving errands during the day as well,
and being in a college town I get endless comments
from young people...mostly "I sure wish I had a car
like that!"  Maybe having it out on the streets will
inspire someone to save another one of the old Mopars.

It is getting cold, I don't have heat except from the
big block....but I'm having a blast every day.  I'm
old enough that the '56 feels like a "high school car"
to me (grew up driving '55 Chevies as 8 yr old used
cars) ...so it's good for my spirits to feel a
connection between then and where I am now.  Both are
good.

I feel fortunate to have a clean '56 2-dr.  I did what
I could to make it useful and fun for me.  I love to
see restored examples...but I'll always check out a
"driver" with a lot more interest.  That's me.  What
about the rest of you?

Del Christensen
'56 Savoy 440/Volare/8 3/4 SG
'50 Ford chopped hotrod PU with 340/727
'78 Dodge PU 318 77K orig black truck with factory
buckets