[FWDLK] Call ME (not: Horace!) SLOW...

but, in looking @ this photo, again, I REALIZE
why the photographer 'chose' the composition
of the photo:  (DUH): to compare/contrast  the 'evolution'
of the DeSoto 3-tier lights, from 1959 onto 1960!!!!

And, now, I realize "why" the 3 chrome-dooies
appeared on the 60 DeSoto--some bright bean-counter musta thought that
the 'long' tail-light extensions were too expensive, to produce, & as a
compromise, negotiated the
installation of the 3  cheap-dooies (which are apparently prone to
falling-off the "ruby"-lights)
I've seen a LOT more 60 DeSotos WITHOUT
the dooies, than ones WITH the correct-dooies.

Can anyone say , HONESTLY , that previously, they had perceived the
'effect' of the 3-dooies, on the tail-lights, as representing the
predecessing  3  "tiered tail-lights??

Like that song goes:  "Where have all the
Dooies gone (long time passing-Chebies)?"

Neil

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14042&item=2202280603