Re: [FWDLK] Rational for working on old rusty wrecks

Re: [FWDLK] Rational for working on old rusty wrecks

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Good job Al!     Bruce.
http://www.dodgeclassictrucks.com/

Al Toews <ahtoews@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I've spent $1000's of bucks on my old Mopar but it had nothing to do with the car being an investment that required a positive cash ROI, a safe haven for extra cash, etc. very, very few cars can be considered to be investments. Its done for different reasons.

I've spent thousands of hours on my car over the last 10 yrs - lets say 2000. If I had to do a 10 yr ROI, here's what it would look like:

- 2000 hrs not spent in the bar at an avg cost of $6/hr ( 2 beer) = $12, 000 saved
- 2 DUI's avoided: saving result (insurance, lawyers & court fees, taxi's) = $20,000
- divorce costs avoided because I didn't run off with the waitress = $25,000
- promotions received at work due to unhungover performance = $40,000
- depression counselling fees saved due to therapeutic value of tinkering on an old car = $7500
TOTAL SAVINGS = $104,500

- people I've met through the hobby . . . PRICELESS

Cheers!
Al

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now