[FWDLK] Fw: NEW FOR OLD

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 1:02 PM
Subject: NEW FOR OLD

Hi all,
well with sorting out some of the gremlins that my Imperial as had . Today I did some work with the radio antenna. This incorporated a new modern ant with s/s mast & all the connections etc. The motor & internals on the original were shot ! . With the Imperial mast stripped down & a few pieces swapped over to the new one I managed to get an original looking antenna with a modern motor & workings.

The parts required from the original  were the as-
1. the small ball on top of the Imperial antenna.
2 the lower main mast- this had to be cut down to suit.
3. the main tube that the mast retracts in too, this also has to be cut down to suit the modern mast & workings. This enabled all of the original chrome fittings to be re-used etc.
The new mast when fitted still looks like the original, the drawback is that when fully extended it is a couple of inch's shorter. This in my mind is compensated with it having a new coax cable & fittings.
The altering of the antenna was simple as the mast sections were the same diameter, & the fitting of the old tube over the new was very simple to achieve, with only a small amount of slotting to do.

The Type of modern antenna that I used was a Maystar B1041
The time in total to build the new antenna up ...approx 1 hour.
Photo's of the cut down Imperial mast parts I will mail too ?.
Regards
Dave 60 Le Baron