[FWDLK] 361 to 383 some advice needed.....

[FWDLK] 361 to 383 some advice needed.....

I am in the process of have my '59 Dodge 361 rebuilt. The shop where I am
having the work done may have a 383 block and potentially some 383 heads. I
am not sure what year they would be from but most likely mid to late 60's. I
have a few questions regarding the potential of going with the 383 block.

        1)      Will the crank from my 361 work in the 383 block? If I
understand correctly, the rear seal or something is smaller with the 383's,
at least the later ones and my crank would not work. Is there any truth to
that? With what 383's would my stock 361 crank work?
        2)      If I need a 383 crank, will it bolt up to my stock torque
converter? Are there some years that will and will not bolt up? I don't mind
making some internal changes but I do not want to start messing with my
stock transmission set up.
        3)      Will my stock 361 heads be a problem with the 383?
        4)      Does anyone have a 383 crank that they are willing to part
with should I need such a part?
        5)      If anyone has any tips on putting a 383 into my
Dodge...things to avoid or be aware of, please let me know. I don't know for
sure that I am going to go this route but I would like all the information I
can gather so I can make a decision.
        6)      Does anyone have a good source for 361/383 parts....pistons,
valves etc. My shop gave me a price idea and I want to do some shopping
around...

Thanks,

James
1959 Dodge