Re: [FWDLK] Off Topic - Plymouth Police Car ID?

Re: [FWDLK] Off Topic - Plymouth Police Car ID?

"Sold sales bank" is a contradiction in terms.  The sales bank was a
collection of cars that Chrysler stored up for quick shipping to dealers in
need of cars.  They were not built to any dealer or fleet order and had a
sales code for "Sales Bank".  They were also a way to keep the assembly
plant running when orders from dealers were slack.

The "Sold Car" classification was used for cars built to an order from a
dealer, while "Fleet Sales" was used for cars built for a fleet order.
There were also special codes for repeat fleet customers, such as Chrysler
Leasing, Ontario Provincial Police, Royal Canadian Mounted Police,
Department of National Defence, Avis, Hertz, Gelco, or for special
situations such as Chrysler company car or customer drive-away.

Interiors included rubber mats (not carpets), plain vinyl seat upholstery,
and zippered headlinig (to access the roof wiring).

Bill
Vancouver, BC