From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dave Stragand
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:36 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Any word from Dave?

Hi All,

Yes, the web site is alive, although not 100% yet.

We are now up and running on the new server, which is about 40 times faster than the old one, and has the capacity to handle a lot more of the stuff I'd like to get going.  Those of you with high speed connections may notice that the site is now running much slower than before...  and this is due to the fact that we have had to move down from a 15 Mb connection to a .7 Mb connection, roughly 21 times -slower- than the old one.  Oh well; no choice in that.  A 15 Mb connection is about $3500 per month.

Ben Pultanovich and I were able to recover all of the information from the old server, so nothing has been lost.  The biggest pain was that the hacker had to trash things about 12 hours before I had planned to move it all, and thus had to recreate the old server, just to move it to the new one.  What a waste of time.

More details will be coming shortly as I get everything straightened out.

-Dave