[FWDLK] GIMME A Brake!

Rich, Re: shortest braking distance, IIRC, the
shortest/quickest way to stop (not necesarily with the most CONTROL)
quickly is with locked wheels--of course, on any 'wet' surface, or where
steering-control is required, an anti-lock
system is indespensible.

The Bendix's WILL lock-up, so the trick (SKILL)
involved is to modulate the brake pressure--of curse, when the brakes
start to lock-up, release the pressure until steering control is
re-established.

I HOPE we-all drive our cars enuf so as to KNOW how they react, to
steering-and-braking-inputs--waiting for 'you' to get in extremis is NOT
when to learn how to drive your car.

For those of us who can drive our cars to a repair shop (and/ or, for
those who CAN do this, @ home, and/or with your car 'asleep' for the
winter), we should ALL replace our cars' BRAKE FLUID--unless you are
"Super-Owner"
(you know who you are) , your "fluid's" probably been "in" there, for a
long time--if you haven't recently installed new-brakes!!!

I believe that it is a SETTLED issue that silicone fluid IS NOT
needed/or recommended,
for our cars (right??--can you say: "New-Thread?")

Neil