Re: [FWDLK] GIMME A Brake; and CARPE DIEM!!!! (see below)

Re: [FWDLK] GIMME A Brake; and CARPE DIEM!!!! (see below)

Neil, you need to find that write-up. I doubt if it was recient.

There have been many test done with the ABS on and off and ON Always wins.
I was a Certified NSX tech for Acura (mid-engine hi-perf. coupe), and the
ABS was also tied in with the "drive by wire" (no throttle
cable...electronic) and the clutch. We had several guys who raced and they
finally learned that you couldn't beat the 'puter. With the system off their
1/4 or 1/8 mile time was slower than with it on. The 'puter took the
throttle away when the wheels started to slip and it weas so fine tuned,
that the car was always faster with the system on. ALL the power went to the
wheels to move the car forward and was not wasted on spinning.

I spent years working on AVS from the beginning and I know they just are
more efficient at stoping, let alone the complete control, you have.
--
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas