From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Curtis
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 11:54 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Interior Chrome Polishing!

I'll try not to turn this into a p------g contest, so I will be brief.

Of course chrome polish is abrasive.  And no, you shouldn't use chrome
polish every time you clean your chrome, because you will eventually polish
it right off.  But you can often get some pretty nasty looking chrome into
show or near show quality condition with 0000 steel wool and chrome polish.
This assumes that the chrome plating has not worn off, in which case nothing
will bring back the original luster.

There are many abrasives out there.  Cleaner wax is abrasive, albeit very
mild.  White rubbing compound is more abrasive.  Red rubbing compound is
very abrasive.  And there are many additional levels between.  Each has its
uses.  All can be abused.  And no, I do not recommend harsh abrasives on
chrome.  And the steel wool I'm talking about is the kind you can polish
varnished wood furniture with - something I thought I explained in my
response.

I don't know how many years experience you have, Frank, or with how many
different cars, but I've been cleaning and polishing cars (and chrome) for
40 years, have a 10-car garage full of 35-50 year old cars, and have won
quite a few show trophies over the years.

Sorry, I'm just not in the mood for a lecture.

Curtis