From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of bill parker
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 6:00 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] drum puller info?

Yes I'll second that about Whitney, I bought one from them to carry in my
"travelling" tool box a long time ago, broke on the first job I tried to use
it, my brother's '63 New Yorker.  I have one Blue Point, and one Craftsman.
Craftsman discontinued carrying it a while back.  Also, after many uses, the
Craftsman one stripped the threads out of the collar, but I fixed it by
buying a proper Grade 8 nut to fit the screw and tack welding the nut to the
collar.

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana
'62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart convertible (Kathi's car); '65 Barracuda \6
(Kathi's other car); '65 Imperial; '68 Barracuda FB 340-S; '69 Barracuda FB
now 360 (David's car); '72 Cuda '340

>From: "Edward X. Petrus" <desoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [FWDLK] drum puller info?
>Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:56:55 -0500
>
>Or you can buy one from Les Fairbanks, lessue@xxxxxxxxxxx
>His work great, are $100, shipping included, I believe.  Also, Jc Whitney
>sells them, but get the HEAVY DUTY ONE ONLY.
>
>Ed
>
>At 12:16 PM 12/23/2003 -0500, Bryan Scott wrote:
>>Hi all!
>>
>>I have a 58 DeSoto and I need to get a drum puller to access the rear
>>brakes.  I understand the puller for Mopars is different than the GM
>>puller
>>(surprise, surprise).  My question is:  Does anyone have a part number,
>>manufacturer, or source so I can find the right tool the first time (I
>>hate
>>trial and error)?  Do you know the approximate cost?
>>
>>Happy holidays to all!
>>
>>Bryan Scott
>>Charlton, MA

>>Over 25,000 pages of archived Forward Look information can be easily
>>searched at
>>http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm  Powered by Google!

>Over 25,000 pages of archived Forward Look information can be easily
>searched at
>http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm  Powered by Google!

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger - learn how here!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize