Re: [FWDLK] More on Wheel balancing / weights

Re: [FWDLK] More on Wheel balancing / weights

A wheel is balanced statically if they use a static balancer (remember the kind with the bulls eye bubble level). On a dynamic machine (rotating kind) then its a dynamic balance. As the wheel is designed for the center of the tread to be on center of the hub assembly (stock wheels)  the wobble will be there regardless of which side you put the weight on. I do believe they could also mount the wheel outside in on the machine (not a 100% sure on that). The only time I have had to have weights for sure on the outside was when I had a rim and tire combo so bad they put some weight inside and outside as they need to much in one spot for one weight (they were trying to keep the weights small for appearance sake as well). I strengthen my arguement to look for a different wheel shop next time.

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now