[FWDLK] Blue dots, etcetera.

Blue dots are about the only customizing that I don't mind seeing on our
Forward Look cars.
If you get them, be sure they're glass and not plastic, which don't work
the same optically.
And they have to be centered right over the bulb, or the effect is lost.

To those unfamiliar, here's how they work: the tail/stop lamp will still
be red and the blue-dot almost unnoticeable, but at the certain
straight-on angle when the lens lines up with the bulb, there's a
sudden, momentary explosion of purple bigger than the lens itself!
Sounds spectacular, and it is!

States are beginning to legalize blue-dots; Washington state was first,
and Wisconsin is in progress, plus others. (My WI state assemblyman
tried to run it through in the late 1980s, but was shot down at the time
by the Secretary of Transportation who cited federal DOT laws.)

Tip: if you use them, carry a non-blue-dot set of spare lenses and a
screwdriver in case your life is crossed by that certain cop who needs
to show the world that he/she needs a job, or your car could technically
be immobilized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never heard the term 'sleepy-eyes', but it fits.
If you want to give your car a bit of an evil 'Christine' look, tilt the
headlamp shields down just a bit (not too much) at the center, and
she'll have a nasty scowl on her face at night that'll give a start to
anybody you're behind! (This only works on single headlamps.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some cars use weird headlight shields that look like Dracula's
widow's-peak.
I think they look dumb.
Hot-rodders (grrr) from what I hear, are calling them "cat-eyes". I
never saw a cat with eyes like that.
Those go back to 1958, and were originally put out by J.C. Whitney to
try to simulate the new quad-headlamp look (yeah, right) on pre-1958
cars with single headlamps.
Another goofy-looking shield was the one that fit over round quad lights
to make the bulbs look oblong and 'more modern'. (Again: yeah, right.)

Ciao...

Regards....
Lou

The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
       ? Robert Anthony