Re: [FWDLK] balance..looks like its the wheels, tires, maybe

Re: [FWDLK] balance..looks like its the wheels, tires, maybe the new U joint

Hi all,

Just got back from the tire shop.  All four wheels have some side -to -side runout problems.
Warped/bent.  The tires also wobble. Not a LOT of out of round problems, but some.
Two of the tires are very noticably wobbling on the balancer... looks like 3/8" or so.
We put the best 2 up front. Everything is balanced fine, but it seems like this wobbling
is the culprit.  In the past, have seen tires move side-side a lot on balancers and noticed
no major drivability problems, but in this case I think thats the problem.  With the wheels
switched around, at very low speeds (10mph) I can feel the whole car sorta wobble.

Maybe the guy I spoke to about the Cokers being junky was right  Does anyone have experience
with the Silvertown radials?

Also, the new rear U-joint has a bit of up and down play (on both axis) ..maybe  1/16" or a
little more...is that acceptable?

Anyone know where I can get a good set of '57-59ish station wagon wheels (they are a lil wider).

Thanks,
Lou