[FWDLK] Re-Chroming : BOOB JOBS???

Sorry I'm getting to the 'dance', so late, but I've been outside,
playing around all day.

If anyone else has ever seen a real NOS bumper (hope to see another one,
on Virgil, in 2007) , you'll know that its finish is a beautiful
SEMI/matte - gloss finish; NOTHING like the
patently-obvious "show-quality" mirror-finish
over-done examples that are seen @ auctions
(like Barrett Jackson) and on trailer-queen
show cars.

After seeing Lee Smith's NOS bumper on his
D501, back in 1983 (?;  Dee-town  WPC Natl meet) , I KNEW that Horrie's
bumpers were going to look CORRECT, so I had my shop (Stockton Plating?)
NOT super-polish
the  "bumps", so that those :"In The Know"
would recognize and appreciate originality
in a resto. Horrie's "show" carreer was soon to be over (1st place in 3
WPC meets; and according to erstwhile Prez Kahlenberg, almost garnered
Best of Show/Dodge--losing out to a Plum Crazy 70 Challenger convie--at
the 86 Colo Springs Meet) , in part due to the common-advent of the
"Queens", against which a "Driver" had no chance.

So, MY advise is, if you're not coronating a "Queen", try to find a
chrome shop that will KNOW how to replicate a NOS appearance, and, as a
side-benefit, if you are able to negotiate properly with the shop, you
should be able to  SAVE some moola, in the 'bargain', as there will be
LESS "mirror-finishing/polishing" of the final-product!!

btw, if my subject line requires any further interpretation,  I regard
super-polished bumpers
and, also heaviliy/obviously clear-coated paint jobs to be equilavent to
"Super-Silicone/Saline"  breast implants: VERY obvious, and, mebbe nice
to look at, but they just AIN'T REAL.

Really,

Neil & Horace