[FWDLK] 1957 dodge Differential

        I am having trouble figuring out what gear ratio I have in my car. I tried turning my tire 360 deg. To which we counted the rotation of the yoke on the pinion. Each time we did it a different way.First we jacked up the rear end at the differential so both wheels were hanging lose. We did the 360 thing and came up with 1 3/4 turns at the pinion yoke. Next we jacked the axle up on the left side only,keeping the right wheel on the ground. Then we rotated the left wheel as before. As before we came up with the same 1 3/4 turns on the yoke. Then we did the process as previous only on the right side and came up with the same result. Next we turned the yoke and the same end result, 1 3/4 turns made the wheel go around once. Now my man at the rear end store says this cant be and I tend to agree with him. This would give me a gear ratio of somewhere around 175 to 1 . Great highway gear. Someone tell me where I went wrong. The fella at the rear end store seems to think that the rear in the car is the best way to go for me if I just change the ratio to a 323 to a 370 with a posi. I have a mildly built up 325 HEMI with a 64 ply 727 and a 2700/3200 stall. The general idea is that the rear I have was the same as the 62/63 Ramcchargers and it did fine for them it should be fine in my car. I had thoughts of maybe replacing mine with a totaly different unit but everyone I talked to said mine is a strong 8 3/4 rear. I have no real problem with mine other than the splined axles and guess I could live with that.Anyway my axle # is 1684983 if anyone thinks they can help please give me a shout    Fred 57 DODGE