Re: [FWDLK] VINNY & the TAGS

Yes, as I said in my original comment, at least for 1957 DeSotos, the VIN
tag is POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL, UNPAINTED.  It is SPOT WELDED IN PLACE.

Ed Petrus

At 10:41 AM 1/30/2004 -0500, cpollock@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,
I went out to my 50-60's junkyard the other day, and kept this question in
mind.  I looked at the vin tag on a (really, really GONE!) Imperial.  Not
sure of the year as it was just a shell (no doors, doghouse, trunklid,
etc...). I know it to be an Imperial because I saw it last summer, when it
was complete!.  Rotted to hell and back (Ohio car) but complete.  Had the
VIN tag on the inside of the A-pillar.  It was NOT painted, and it appears
to have been spot welded onto the pillar.  This would make sense as the
factory would be using spot welders to tack the car together.  The tag
appeared to be stainless steel,

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Visit the ALL-NEW ForwardLook.net! New Discussion Forums, Expanded Content and much, much more http://www.forwardlook.net/